Saturday, October 8, 2011

Online Article Writer Very Upset About Mass Media Re-Writing His Stories! Very Angry

The mass media, specifically the newspapers are complaining because they are getting literally hammered, completely slaughtered, and devastated in the market place, by an enemy so powerful, so pervasive, and so overwhelming it is not only in the news, it's becoming the news, it is changing the fabric of society, and civilization. Yes, I speak of the Internet, and it has the newspapers scared underwear-less.

The newspaper industry rather than adapting, evolving, and finding opportunity in this crisis - are busy putting up barriers to entry and asking the government to protect them, tax the competition, institute new regulations to save them, and if that doesn't work - they want a bailout? Well, read my lips the Tea Party Folks have spoken; No New Bailouts.

Instead of the newspaper industry working harder, delivering what the consumers want, and driving the future, they have done nothing more than cut costs; thinner paper, thinner content, and thinner newspapers with fewer pages. They have systematically gone for Associated Press filler articles where you can read the same story in your local, paper, the closest metro area paper, and even the national papers or those well known across the country like the NYT, Washington Post, etc.

There have been a number of articles in the main media about the FTC (Federal Trade Commission, in case you've never heard of that little agency with the BIG and important Press Releases), one of the most interesting recent pieces was in the New York Times by Jeremy W. Peters, on June 13, 2010 titled; "Government Takes on Journalism's Next Chapter," and the first sentence makes a huge statement in that article; "Looking for the Federal Government to come to the rescue of newspapers? Don't hold your breath."

Now then, let me tell you of my personal experiences with the major newspaper media, you see in my past life as an entrepreneur, I happened to be in the news quite a lot, and I had never been interviewed where they actually wrote up the story correct, they always missed stuff, botched the news, or misquoted me, imagine what you'd think if you'd been in the news 100s of times and never once was the story 100% accurate. Would you trust them?

Second point of consideration from my POV (I guess is how the politically correct say it Point-of-View; POV) - today, I do a little bit of online article writing, I say that with a smile because I have now 20,000 plus articles now. And I cannot tell you how many times, I've seen my articles, my ideas, and my comments re-written in newspaper stories.

So, how dare the newspaper industry attack the Internet and continue to deliver less than stellar news and information. In other words, the newspaper industry doesn't deserve our tears, sympathy, or government's support to help them survive. Please consider all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment